Click on pics for larger picture
My daughter always has an ornament exchange party every year. It started about 14 years ago to have a fun party for my grandchildren. I don't think she ever expected it to go on for this long.
It has become a yearly tradition and she has never missed a year. The idea is to make enough ornaments to exchange (all the same) and then you will go home with the same amount of ornaments that you brought but they will all be different.
I talked her into changing the rules a few years ago, because after a while, I did get a little tired of making ornaments...smile. We can now bring something else to exchange a long as it is home made.
This year I made what I call "cheater" ornaments. They are party store bought...plastic snowflake ornaments that I bought at A C Moore and Michaels and I decorated each one. They are all slightly different but then I am told that each snowflake is different.
My snowflakes are decorated with buttons, stamped images, spirelli, 3d tole images, recycled Christmas cards, and tea bag folding.
In fact Marie B from
might recognize a tea bag folding star she made for me many years ago in a card exchange I was in with her. I hope they like my ornaments, I was out of ideas and TIME this year, so I made something that would go rather quickly.


They're all so cute, and I love those silver poinsettias! That snowman with the blue hat is simply adorable with his charming smile and happy face :)
ReplyDeleteWell done Jill - these look fabulous!! And when we are short on time, all 'short cuts' are legal - well that is my story and I am sticking to it :-).
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
I love your ornaments! You did a great job.
ReplyDeleteWow, they are super cute.
ReplyDeleteJill,
ReplyDeleteI think they are charming. Anything handmade is such a treat during these times.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
xoBarb
These are all so cute, Jill! I've never heard of this, but it's a great idea! Blessings! Kathy
ReplyDeleteThese are so cute Jill. Each one is a little work of art that I'm sure will be cherished. They must have taken you forever. Even though you started with ready made snowflakes, your embellishments make them very special!
ReplyDeleteWell girlfriend they look fabulous! I'm so glad you found me so I could find you. Happy to tag along!
ReplyDeleteHugs~Rebecca