Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

My son-in-law's Birthday card!

I made this card for my son-in-law's birthday!

I made it using a theme that Is the theme for December at the Twisted sister challenge at Split Coast Stampers.

The theme was to make anything  "Disney"

I don't have any Disney stamps...  So I was kind of stuck until I saw that one of the talented ladies at Split coast used a star on her card.  "When you wish upon a star was always a favorite song of mine.  

I've been to Disney World a long time ago.  I was there for about a total of 6 hours.  (Anyone who has visited there would know that is not much time to see all that is there)  Even though, the visit was short I still have great memories of visiting there and the thing that would always stand out in my mind was the castle.  So that's why I wanted to use that on my card.  My son in law has been there twice so he would immediately get the castle theme.

My star was made using a die from Stampin' up.  My image was found on Pinterest!




 This is the inside of the card!  I added some scratch off lottery tickets to the inside of the card.  (He did win $5.00 But I paid more for the tickets than what he won).  Now I remember why I rarely buy lottery tickets anymore.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.

Blessings,

Jill

14 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card, I bet your son-in-law loved it! Your inside sentiments are so clever, too. I've been to Disneyland and Disney World with my kids. I think I loved it more than they did. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Jill - love that he too is a Disney world fan and would 'get' your card. Love the inside - that is such a fun way to personalise the card even more!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. The castle and the star were great ideas. I'm sure your son in law loved it. Lottery tickets are so expensive now. I probably only buy one a year, if that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disney really IS a magical place - whether you're there for 6 hours or 6 days. I KNOW he loved this card too! It's precious both inside and out. I'm the same way with lottery tickets....I never win......but then again I seldom ever even buy one! Love your card Jill.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Jill, your castle does indeed remind me of the Disney castle. We went years ago too, as I always wanted to see the castle. Because of my Lupus, we went in after 5 pm to the park, of course we didn't have time to do and see everything either, but I was glad to see the castle and fireworks. Although I didn't think I'd make it back to the car, it was well worth it. What a great card for your SIL, I love the inside. You were so clever in making this card, I'm in awe!!! Hugs and Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, great design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute card, with a great theme!! we have been to disney, many times but it is so crowded all of the time!!

    i almost always put "birthday" lottery tickets in birthday cards. as a child the best cards always had something fall out of them. it is such a fond memory that i have!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a terrific job with the challenge that castle looks great and the stary sky with your pretty star! Fun inside too, oh even though he didn't win much half the fun is the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and very effective with the colours here, fabulously designed.. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your twist on that challenge to use a star and that castle is fabulous too. I am sure your son in law will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cute card Jill. I love the castle and it does remind me of my trip to Disney last year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun magical card with the Disney theme! The inside is really cute! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that the name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Labels

25th Anniversary (2) 3D (3) 3D card (198) 3d sheet (1) AAA cards (4) ATC cards (2) Abby (2) Accordion fold card (1) Advent (6) Altered book (4) Anna Griffin (4) Anniversary (13) Anniversary card (17) Anniversay (1) Art Impressions (1) BIGZ Lattice die (1) BRAK (20) Bibiana (1) Blue Monday (4) Butterfly Challenge (1) CAS.ology challenge (1) CCEE stampers (6) California (6) Case Study Callenge (1) Chalkboard technique (1) Cheery Lynn (16) Christmas (38) Christmas card (133) Christmas cards (29) Christmas gift (1) Circle of crafters (1) Classy Cards n Such (1) Clean and Simple (1) Cloud 9 Design (1) Cornish Heritage Farms (3) Cottage Cutz (3) Crochet (5) Cross-stitch (21) Cuttlebug (24) Debbie Macomber (1) Design with a View (1) Die-Namics (5) Digi Doodle (2) Digital two for Tuesday (4) Dream Weaver (3) DreamWeaver (37) Easel Card (4) Easter (5) Elizabeth craft designs. (11) Embossing (11) Embossing arts (1) Family (6) Favorite cards (2) Favorite things (18) Favorites (1) Filoli (3) Fiskars (2) Flower soft (8) Friends (10) Funky kits (4) Give-away (1) Grandson (2) Graphic 45 (34) Hampton Art (3) Heart felt Creations (2) Heartfelt Creations (8) Heirloom show. (1) Hero Arts (7) Holly Berry House (2) House Mouse (23) House Mouse Challenge (12) Imagine and Do (3) Impression Obsession (24) Inkadinkado (3) Inky Antics (1) Iris Folding (74) Iris Twist (13) Jewelry (6) Jim's coloring (1) Jim's things (3) Jolee sticker (5) Jounal page (2) Journal (1) Journal project (1) Julie Nutting (3) Just Rite (2) JustRite Stamps (4) KaiserCraft (34) Knitting (1) Lace (1) Lace' (4) Lawn Fawn (1) Longwood Gardens (19) Loralie Designs (2) Love notes DP (1) Make Christmas Cards Magazine (4) Make it Monday (1) Making Cards (2) Marianne design (1) May Day card (1) Memories (13) Memory Box (6) Merry Monday Challenge (33) Miscellaneous card (15) Misti (2) Mola (3) Mother (9) Mother's Day Card (4) Movie (1) NBUS (20) Needlework (1) New Year's Card (2) New year's (2) Northwoods Rubber Stamps (10) ODBD (14) One Little word (3) One Word (5) Ornare (3) Our Beautiful World (1) Our Daily Bread Designs (30) Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge (3) PSX (4) PaperWishes (29) Penny Black (22) Queen for The Day (1) Queen for a day Challenge (2) Quilling (2) Quilt card (3) RAK card (36) Rak (9) Rooster (2) Rubber Stampede (3) Rubber Stampin (1) Scrapbooking (7) Serendipity Stamps (20) Sewing (8) Shaker card (2) Silver Anniversary card (1) Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine (13) Spirelli (5) Squigglefly (13) Squigglefly challenge (8) St Patrick' Day. Iris folding (1) St. Patrick's Day (3) Stamendous (1) Stampabilities (3) Stampendous (20) Stampin Up (39) Stampin' Up (155) Stencil (26) Stencils (2) Stitched card (3) Stitching (7) Sugar Nellie (10) Sunshine box (1) Swap (1) SweetNSassy (70) Sympathy card (17) Tagged (1) Taylored Expressions (3) Tea Pot Tuesday (65) Tea bag folding (15) Technique Tuesday (1) Thanksgiving (3) Thomas Kinkade (3) Thursday Night Craft Night (6) Tim Holtz (5) Trivia (1) Trixie (4) Twisted Sister Challenge (52) Vacation (24) Valentine (29) Victorian (2) Virginia (4) WT381 (1) Ways to use it challenge. (1) Wednesday (1) Word Art (1) autumn (5) baby (4) beading (2) beads (1) bear (1) bedrrom (1) bird (9) birthday (40) birthday card (71) birthday rak (6) blog award (2) blog friends (1) bloggin Anniversary (1) bookmark (1) books (4) box card (2) boxes (1) brak card. (2) card making (36) card night (1) card received in the mail (2) cards for a cause (3) cas (1) center step card (4) colored pencils (1) copcs (4) copics (167) crafrt room (1) craft room (5) craft shopping (1) craft space (1) crafts (2) crak (7) creative blog hop (1) cross stitch (1) decoupage (3) digi (27) dog (1) doll house (2) doodling (1) dry embossing (6) dynamic Duo Challenge (5) dynamic Duos Challenge (9) embroidery (1) explosion box (1) fabric (14) fancy folds (38) felt (1) flower (2) flowers (5) freebie (2) get well card (3) gift (10) golf (1) graduation (4) grid card (1) happy mail (2) heat embossing (1) home made gifts (12) humor (3) iris (1) kitchen (1) ladies. Stampin' Up (2) link (1) magazine (1) martha stewart (14) masculine card (7) mftstamps (4) mouse house (1) music box (1) napkin fold card (1) october afternoon (5) organization (1) ornaments (5) paper crafting (6) paper crafts Magazine (1) paper cutting (1) paper piecing (5) party (6) peg stamps (1) photo card (1) project idea (1) punch art (1) punching (16) puzzles (2) pyramid card (10) quick cards magazine (2) quilting (1) recipe (2) retirement (1) ribbon weaving (1) rubber Stamping (293) rubber stamp tapestry (7) rubbernecker stamps (3) scherenschnitte (1) scor-pal (4) shabby tea room challenge (4) shrink art (1) side step card (18) sizzix (2) spellbinder (47) split coast (120) spring (3) squiggleyfly (6) squiggleyfly challenge (3) stamp night (2) stickers (11) stickles (1) storage (1) sympathy (18) tags One word project (1) tea room (3) technique Time Tuesday (2) teddy bear house (1) thank you (6) tole (20) tunnel card (1) vellum (1) vintage (1) virgina (2) wedding (5) woodwork (1) word Art Wednesday (4) zentange (1)