ACCOMPLISH!
My word of the year!
I don't know how many of you do the "
Word of the year" thing. I have been trying to do it for many years.
Sometimes the word I pick works for me sometimes NOT!
The word that worked best for me was BELIEVE!
But it will give you the idea.
I made this pillow for my hubby (who had been in the Navy).
Please don't ask me me how many years ago that....I started making this pillow (smile!)
I recently found it in my cedar chest.
Yes, I spotted it several times through the years...
but never got around to making a pillow out of the stitched piece.
I mentioned it to my daughter and she said that she would gladly make it into a pillow for me.
I was so happy that she did! Mission Accomplished! A finished Pillow.
Hubby was surprised and I think it meant more to him because it was a gift not just from me but his daughter too.
................................................................................................................
Todays Accomplishments
are
Yesterday's
Impossibilities!
Robert H Schuller
...............................................................................................................
Thank you for visiting my blog today.
Blessings,
Jill

Congrats on getting this finished. It looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteLove your word - I need to adopt it too.
Hugz to you sweet, Jill. Hugz
It is so neat, I bet he was thrilled with it, like you said a little from each of you to make it complete :)
ReplyDeleteI have a few stitchings that need to be made it to something, either wall hangings or pillows or maybe a quilt, maybe that is something I can accomplish this year, great inspiration to get those things out of our chests and into usable items!
What a treasured gift this pillow is for your husband! Yesterday I just discovered an afghan I started years ago and never finished, so I'm thinking perhaps I should work on that until it's done! Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful pillow for a man. Beautiful stitching. I started a quilt about forty years ago from scraps I had left over from clothing I made for our entire family. It was a flying geese quilt. I had never quilted before and made a total mess of it. I packed it away and found it about four years ago. I decided to take it all apart and trim the pieces so they were perfect. I started sewing them back to gether. Then life got in the way when my spine collapsed. It's packed away again. Hopefully, I will get back to it sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteThis was special to me. A project the two of you finished. To me it matters not that the time of start and finish was long. You both were involved and that is precious to me. Thank you both and love you both.
ReplyDeleteLOVE, HUGS and BLESSINGS
Congrats. A wonderful feeling.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
A stunning accomplishment Jill - and I have no doubt that Jim was doubly pleased with the pillow. I am working on a cross stitch I started 30 years or so ago...
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
What a wonderful pillow your daughter created with that terrific ship. It is an accomplishment when we finally finish up a project we started a long time ago. That is how I feel about a painting I started...and need to finish...someday. I might need to enlist the help of my son's girlfriend to help me get that painting finished.
ReplyDeleteI love your word for the year Jill!!! It's a good one. I've never done this, but have been thinking about doing it. I guess this is the year to do just that! I am loving the pillow for Hubby, but I really love that DD made it into a pillow for you making your new year word come true. Plus, I love that it is a gift from the both of you to hubby. You both ACCOMPLISHED a fabulous gift for DH! Hugs and Blessings, Brenda
ReplyDeleteGreat word for the year... and beautiful pillow! xoxo
ReplyDelete