The pin did not scan that well, it looks cuter in real lifeI belong to a group at yahoo, and each week they have a theme day. This week, the theme was scarecrows. The theme made me remember the little lapel pin that my Mother-in-law made for herself. My sister-in-law asked me if I wanted it and then passed on to me. I treasure it. My Mother-in-law was an excellent seamstress, and taught me how to sew (I don't sew any more though)---I can't remember the last time I sewed. smile... she was also great with cross stitch and showed me how to do that too. I wish I could still do cross-stitch. (These grandmother eyes won't let me do it anymore) With all the cross-stitch I have done in the past, I still can't picture myself doing a project like she did. Tiny little stitches on this pin, and all those tiny beads.
Hi JD, I came over from the link in your post on my blog. I love this story about your mother in law. Maybe it will remind us all to cherish the people we have left while they are still with us.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Jill, wonderful to have this to remember her. Kathy
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute pin:) I know I can't cross stitch anymore either but a have a few things I did framed on the wall to rememeber the days when i could.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling little beaded scarecrow. I'd treasure this too if I owned it!
ReplyDelete