Tuesday, March 24, 2015
It's Spring Fever at Serendipity stamps..
I made the above card for this month's Serendipity Challenge...Spring Fever...
The link to the challenge can be found here...
http://serendipitystampschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/sscb41-spring-fever.html
I used the same Serendipity stamp in the fall to make a card for the fall challenge. I, obviously, thought it could also work for the spring challenge. I used versamark to stamp my verse, and heat embossed with Very fine black distress ink. I also used two spellbinder dies...Marvelous Squares, and Scalloped Borders Two. My designer paper is from Graphic 45, and I added dimensionals to pop up my sentiment and and I added a ribbon.
I wish I also would have added glossy accents on the butterfly so I might do that before I sent the card. The Serendipity Design team (who makes fabulous cards for inspiration) always adds an extra touch to their cards each month. The extra for their last cards was adding glossy accents somewhere on their cards. I really like using glossy accents (Or stickles on cards) but I almost always manage to forget that it's still wet, and somehow smudge it. I'm also going to add a little bit of copics to my butterfly (aqua tinge on the wing tips...because I don't think my ribbon matches the butterfly as much as I would like it to. Do you get the feeling that I am a perfectionist? Well, I try to be anyway, but my cards rarely turn out to be perfect.
Okay, I am rambling...sorry...
Hope everyone is having a great week
Blessings,
Jill
32 comments:
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that the name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
25th Anniversary
(2)
3D
(3)
3D card
(198)
3d sheet
(1)
AAA cards
(4)
ATC cards
(2)
Abby
(2)
Accordion fold card
(1)
Advent
(6)
Altered book
(4)
Anna Griffin
(4)
Anniversary
(13)
Anniversary card
(17)
Anniversay
(1)
Art Impressions
(1)
BIGZ Lattice die
(1)
BRAK
(20)
Bibiana
(1)
Blue Monday
(4)
Butterfly Challenge
(1)
CAS.ology challenge
(1)
CCEE stampers
(6)
California
(6)
Case Study Callenge
(1)
Chalkboard technique
(1)
Cheery Lynn
(16)
Christmas
(38)
Christmas card
(133)
Christmas cards
(29)
Christmas gift
(1)
Circle of crafters
(1)
Classy Cards n Such
(1)
Clean and Simple
(1)
Cloud 9 Design
(1)
Cornish Heritage Farms
(3)
Cottage Cutz
(3)
Crochet
(5)
Cross-stitch
(21)
Cuttlebug
(24)
Debbie Macomber
(1)
Design with a View
(1)
Die-Namics
(5)
Digi Doodle
(2)
Digital two for Tuesday
(4)
Dream Weaver
(3)
DreamWeaver
(37)
Easel Card
(4)
Easter
(5)
Elizabeth craft designs.
(11)
Embossing
(11)
Embossing arts
(1)
Family
(6)
Favorite cards
(2)
Favorite things
(18)
Favorites
(1)
Filoli
(3)
Fiskars
(2)
Flower soft
(8)
Friends
(10)
Funky kits
(4)
Give-away
(1)
Grandson
(2)
Graphic 45
(34)
Hampton Art
(3)
Heart felt Creations
(2)
Heartfelt Creations
(8)
Heirloom show.
(1)
Hero Arts
(7)
Holly Berry House
(2)
House Mouse
(23)
House Mouse Challenge
(12)
Imagine and Do
(3)
Impression Obsession
(24)
Inkadinkado
(3)
Inky Antics
(1)
Iris Folding
(74)
Iris Twist
(13)
Jewelry
(6)
Jim's coloring
(1)
Jim's things
(3)
Jolee sticker
(5)
Jounal page
(2)
Journal
(1)
Journal project
(1)
Julie Nutting
(3)
Just Rite
(2)
JustRite Stamps
(4)
KaiserCraft
(34)
Knitting
(1)
Lace
(1)
Lace'
(4)
Lawn Fawn
(1)
Longwood Gardens
(19)
Loralie Designs
(2)
Love notes DP
(1)
Make Christmas Cards Magazine
(4)
Make it Monday
(1)
Making Cards
(2)
Marianne design
(1)
May Day card
(1)
Memories
(13)
Memory Box
(6)
Merry Monday Challenge
(33)
Miscellaneous card
(15)
Misti
(2)
Mola
(3)
Mother
(9)
Mother's Day Card
(4)
Movie
(1)
NBUS
(20)
Needlework
(1)
New Year's Card
(2)
New year's
(2)
Northwoods Rubber Stamps
(10)
ODBD
(14)
One Little word
(3)
One Word
(5)
Ornare
(3)
Our Beautiful World
(1)
Our Daily Bread Designs
(30)
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge
(3)
PSX
(4)
PaperWishes
(29)
Penny Black
(22)
Queen for The Day
(1)
Queen for a day Challenge
(2)
Quilling
(2)
Quilt card
(3)
RAK card
(36)
Rak
(9)
Rooster
(2)
Rubber Stampede
(3)
Rubber Stampin
(1)
Scrapbooking
(7)
Serendipity Stamps
(20)
Sewing
(8)
Shaker card
(2)
Silver Anniversary card
(1)
Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine
(13)
Spirelli
(5)
Squigglefly
(13)
Squigglefly challenge
(8)
St Patrick' Day. Iris folding
(1)
St. Patrick's Day
(3)
Stamendous
(1)
Stampabilities
(3)
Stampendous
(20)
Stampin Up
(39)
Stampin' Up
(155)
Stencil
(26)
Stencils
(2)
Stitched card
(3)
Stitching
(7)
Sugar Nellie
(10)
Sunshine box
(1)
Swap
(1)
SweetNSassy
(70)
Sympathy card
(17)
Tagged
(1)
Taylored Expressions
(3)
Tea Pot Tuesday
(65)
Tea bag folding
(15)
Technique Tuesday
(1)
Thanksgiving
(3)
Thomas Kinkade
(3)
Thursday Night Craft Night
(6)
Tim Holtz
(5)
Trivia
(1)
Trixie
(4)
Twisted Sister Challenge
(52)
Vacation
(24)
Valentine
(29)
Victorian
(2)
Virginia
(4)
WT381
(1)
Ways to use it challenge.
(1)
Wednesday
(1)
Word Art
(1)
autumn
(5)
baby
(4)
beading
(2)
beads
(1)
bear
(1)
bedrrom
(1)
bird
(9)
birthday
(40)
birthday card
(71)
birthday rak
(6)
blog award
(2)
blog friends
(1)
bloggin Anniversary
(1)
bookmark
(1)
books
(4)
box card
(2)
boxes
(1)
brak card.
(2)
card making
(36)
card night
(1)
card received in the mail
(2)
cards for a cause
(3)
cas
(1)
center step card
(4)
colored pencils
(1)
copcs
(4)
copics
(167)
crafrt room
(1)
craft room
(5)
craft shopping
(1)
craft space
(1)
crafts
(2)
crak
(7)
creative blog hop
(1)
cross stitch
(1)
decoupage
(3)
digi
(27)
dog
(1)
doll house
(2)
doodling
(1)
dry embossing
(6)
dynamic Duo Challenge
(5)
dynamic Duos Challenge
(9)
embroidery
(1)
explosion box
(1)
fabric
(14)
fancy folds
(38)
felt
(1)
flower
(2)
flowers
(5)
freebie
(2)
get well card
(3)
gift
(10)
golf
(1)
graduation
(4)
grid card
(1)
happy mail
(2)
heat embossing
(1)
home made gifts
(12)
humor
(3)
iris
(1)
kitchen
(1)
ladies. Stampin' Up
(2)
link
(1)
magazine
(1)
martha stewart
(14)
masculine card
(7)
mftstamps
(4)
mouse house
(1)
music box
(1)
napkin fold card
(1)
october afternoon
(5)
organization
(1)
ornaments
(5)
paper crafting
(6)
paper crafts Magazine
(1)
paper cutting
(1)
paper piecing
(5)
party
(6)
peg stamps
(1)
photo card
(1)
project idea
(1)
punch art
(1)
punching
(16)
puzzles
(2)
pyramid card
(10)
quick cards magazine
(2)
quilting
(1)
recipe
(2)
retirement
(1)
ribbon weaving
(1)
rubber Stamping
(293)
rubber stamp tapestry
(7)
rubbernecker stamps
(3)
scherenschnitte
(1)
scor-pal
(4)
shabby tea room challenge
(4)
shrink art
(1)
side step card
(18)
sizzix
(2)
spellbinder
(47)
split coast
(120)
spring
(3)
squiggleyfly
(6)
squiggleyfly challenge
(3)
stamp night
(2)
stickers
(11)
stickles
(1)
storage
(1)
sympathy
(18)
tags One word project
(1)
tea room
(3)
technique Time Tuesday
(2)
teddy bear house
(1)
thank you
(6)
tole
(20)
tunnel card
(1)
vellum
(1)
vintage
(1)
virgina
(2)
wedding
(5)
woodwork
(1)
word Art Wednesday
(4)
zentange
(1)


Like I said, It is really nice. You did a great job. - Hubby
ReplyDeleteOh Jill...What a beautiful card...I LOVE the verse, and you have framed it and popped it so very elegantly!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome card hun!!
Very pretty Jill - and I know what you mean - there are times I make a card, then a few days later I go and add things to it, or alter it in some way!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
This is stunning Jill, Beautiful verse and beautiful design.
ReplyDeleteJill, you really made a beauty!! Love the colors and how you used the dies together. Your butterfly is the perfect touch.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty what a gorgeous sentiment love the dies and fab colours so pretty love and hugs Carole x
ReplyDeletebeautiful . love this x
ReplyDeleteJill, it's beautiful and I totally agree with Jim, you did a GREAT job! I love everything about the card.
ReplyDeleteLove, hugs and blessings,
Em xxx
Very pretty card with a beautiful border. Now I'll have that song in my head all day! Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card! Those dies are amazing! Lovely work!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card Jill, great verse, lovely design, fabulous work!
ReplyDeletehugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
This is gorgeous. I love the sentiment and that edge die is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment earlier. You have made my day saying that I have inspired you!
Hugs
xx
I love the verse, and you have showcased it beautifuly!
ReplyDeleteYour card is lovely. I like the framed sentiment and beautiful dies. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment at my blog.
ReplyDeleteJill your card is beautiful! I love that sentiment because it can be used for so many occasions! Love the brown behind the die and your little blue butterfly. My daughter and I just went to see the new Cinderella movie and it reminds me of the butterflies that become part of her dress!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. I love all your die cuts.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful card, Jill!
ReplyDeleteThis is just so pretty Jill! I have those edge dies and haven't used them in a while - I'd forgotten how pretty they are - I must get them out again! I love your choice of patterne papers too! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Love the colors and the pretty die cuts. Nice sentiment also.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful design!! It's cold here today and this really warms things up!! :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi Jill. Thank you for all your lovely comments about my cards especially the iris-folded ones. I used to do quite a bit of it in my early card-making days, before I had my blog, but don't do it so much now. But I have got a baptism card to make soon. Perhaps I'll get my IF dove pattern out again! I still enjoy it, especially making my own patterns and showing others how to do it. They are always so thrilled when they turn over and discover what they've made! I don't get much time to blog hop as I work full time and much of my spare time is taken up with Girlguiding. That's why I applied for the DT post with CC&S to forcibly give myself time to craft! Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and I wish you all the best with your crafting. Stef x
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous, Jill. I love the border and the pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card and a very true sentiment, the die cuts and the papers are so crisp and clean.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
Maarit
Your card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing and inspiring. Also, thank you for your lovely comments on my posting; very much appreciate! Happy Spring! Best wishes always!
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely and I would not change one single thing. Don't you just love that S/B border die? So pretty & works so well with the square used for that wonderful sentiment. I also liked the combo of the stripes at the bottom with the polka dot dp on the top. A very pretty, & spring like card. TFS &Happy wkend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card! And thank you for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteHello Jill...such a lovely card. The stripes are sweet with the beautiful border...polka dots so happy, with the butterfly perfectly placed and ready for flight. Thanks for the visit. I was scrolling through your blog and saw your visit to Abigails Tea Room...a delightful destination.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Jill! Yes, that verse works well for spring and fall! Pretty much anytime! I love the frame for the verse, the gorgeous colors and the beautiful butterfly!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You took my breath away with that fancy border die...so crisp and clean. The sentiment is perfectly framed and I love the little butterfly.
ReplyDeleteLove that verse and the border is gorgeous!! So glad you joined us at SSBC!!
ReplyDeleteYour butterfly is gorgeous just the way it is. What a beautiful card Jill! Thanks for joining us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog
ReplyDelete