A few years ago, I saw a UTube video on how to make these boxes. At the time, I wondered if I even wanted to watch it, I couldn't see much use for the boxes. I am so glad I took the time, I have lost count of how many of these I have made. They come in handy for me for several things. They make great favor boxes. I usually make up some at Christmas and fill them up with some candy kisses, etc. I then put them in a basket to keep handy for when company comes and hand them out. They also make nice boxes to put small jewelry pieces in. Comes in handy, when you need a small box and don't have any on hand. I usually make them with scrapbook paper, Card stock sometimes doesn't fold as well, or will crack. I try to use a heavier weight of scrapbook paper.
I also used these boxes to make a Birthday present for my teenage grandson. I has asked my daughter what I could buy him for his birthday, and she told me that a gift card or money in an envelope was the best choice. I wanted to give him something to unwrap, so made four of these boxes in different sizes. Nesting boxes! Then I did the old box in a box trick! I know that has been done before...smile. I put some change in the smallest box, (so it would rattle, to keep him guessing) along with the paper money, and then put a cartoon on each of the box lids, and finally wrapped the box in several pieces of wrapping paper. He liked the gift! and it was just a bit more memorable than just some money stuffed in an envelope. If you make each box piece 1/4 inch smaller as you go they will fit into each other...
I couldn't find the original UTube video that I watched, but I did find this link with directions to make the box.
In regard to advent ideas...I saw this at Roxie's blog...She made a fantastic Advent calendar. Really cute. (much, much better than the sad one that I made...smile)
Here is the link to Roxie's...Take a peek, to see her great work.
Here is my Advent/stocking stuffer idea list…
Advent Calendar
Body lotion/spray
Bookmark
Books/cookbook/scrapbook
Calendar
Candle
Candy
Bar
Cocoa
Cookies
Cross word puzzle book
Flashlight
Hard Candy
Home made scarf/gloves, etc.
Home made Slippers
Jam/Jelly
Jewelry
Jigsaw Puzzle
Journal
Lip Balm
Mug
Ornaments
Pens
Picture frame
Pop Corn
Post Cards
Pot Holder
Small bag of nuts
Small box greeting cards
Small decorated notebook
Soap
Socks
Stationary
Stickers
Tea
Tea towel
Things related to the recipient’s favorite hobby
If you can think of anything else to add....please let me know...Ideas are always appreciated.
Have a great day,
and thank you for reading my blog...
Blessings,
Jill

I love the presentation of stacked boxes like this! So festive! Thx for the link - I still have (and use) the folded box you gave me :)
ReplyDeleteThose look so pretty Jill. I made some of those years ago when I was doing a lot of origami, but haven't made any since.
ReplyDeleteI repinned that link so I will remember it in case I can't find my instructions. These would be great for gift cards, as well as jewelry and money!
What a great idea!! Thank you for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a bunch of great ideas! Glad I stopped by to see what you were up to today. Love the box idea and all those other fun ideas - I need to pull out the old box in a box idea this year myself. It does make the presents more fun when they are gift cards or money. Hugz!
ReplyDeleteHi Jill! Loving these stacked boxes! I have not made these in some time and need to do it again! Thanks for the link and for the advent calendar ideas too! Time is getting short... and once again I feel like I'm running behind the pack! :(
ReplyDeleteTFS!
What a great idea with the boxes - they look fabulous!! Great idea to multi-wrap the $$. and thanks for the links :-)
ReplyDeleteBlessings
MAxine
I don't find boxes boring at all, I love to make them for cards as fund rasier gifts and also on a larger scale for craft supplies which I covered with contact paper. These you made are so festive and I'll have to give it try! Thanks for the link and thanks for the link back to my blog.
ReplyDelete