
It's Monday so it is time for another Squigglefly Challenge. I made this card for Challenge SFC109. You can join in the fun too at Squigglefly this week. The challenge is an easy one...
Add a handwritten sentiment, doodling or something hand drawn to your project.
You will find the Challenge Link here
I've been told that my handwriting is legible, so I wasn't intimidated to have to use my own handwriting, but I chose to try something different. I can't draw, but I think that almost anyone can do doodling...even me...smile... I first heard about Zentangles at Split Coast Stampers, when they had a Ways to Use in Challenge, and you were to make a card using Zentangles... It was Split Coast Challenge WT271. For learning about the technique they posted Zentangle.com to get ideas.
My image is called Susie with Heart and the Artist is Lynn Stansbery. My husband colored the image for me with copics, and I made a Zentangle frame around the image.
I chose this image because it reminded me of both my daughter and granddaughter growing up. I used to make dresses for my daughter with Smocking on it, and this dress almost looked like smocking. It also reminded me of a dress I made for my granddaughter that had pin tucks on the front of the dress...
How darling! I just love your image but of course, your sweet grand daughter is even more precious.
ReplyDeleteBeautifuly done on the challenge JD. Rockin'!!!:)Peggy
What a sweet card, sweet little granddaughter you have too!
ReplyDeleteLove the doodling and what a cute granddaughter!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that card is almost imitating the photo perfectly! What a fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteYour granddaughter is such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteI love the Zentangles and the green and pink. Great job on the challenge.
PS I own 3 rolls of that exact ribbon because I love it so much!
this is adorable--love your pic of your little granddaughter too!! the doodling is awesome--so good, that at first I couldnt figure out where your handwriting was--I thought that was patterned paper!
ReplyDeleteThat is a really cute card and your granddaughter was an adorable little girl!
ReplyDeleteOh I love to zentangle, and I love how you used it as a background! Wonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteLove your zentangle background and that adorable image!
ReplyDeleteSmiles, Deena
I love how your card mirrors the photo of your sweet granddaughter! Great zentangle work (I need to try that one day) and your card looks great!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Zentangle background, Jill!
ReplyDelete