I made this card as a thank you card for the chef at a restaurant that Jim and I like to go to.
We went there for our Wedding anniversary and he helped to make the night extra special for us, so I wanted to be sure to thank him. The background of my card is a picture of the restaurant. I paper pieced the chef!
The card has a photo inside that was taken that night. The chef is in the photo with us.
I made my card using a stamp from Stampin' Up. This stamp was the very first Stampin' Up stamp that I have purchased. (To my best guess, that would have been about 7 years ago).
Also at that time...I probably only had about 10 rubber stamps to my name...some of those were from Dots! (which went out of business a long time ago...so those stamps were a bit old).
Out of curiosity, I had to see how many I have now.
I have about 24 sets of Stampin' Up stamps that I still keep in the clam shells,
and about 9 sets of stamps in the new SU cases,
and a few individual stamps.
(My how time changes things!)..
What I was most curious about, is how many of those SETS were still unused by me ( I did purchase some of those sets already used at a yard sale)
I counted 4 that never had one stamp used in them (by me). So I guess my Stampin' up stamps, I have done some justice to...I don't think I want to find out with the rest of my stamps how many are unused even with the sets!
"A good chef need no recipe but a glass of good wine."
Thank you for visiting my blog today.
Blessings,
Jill
Sunday, October 5, 2014
15 comments:
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that the name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
25th Anniversary
(2)
3D
(3)
3D card
(198)
3d sheet
(1)
AAA cards
(4)
ATC cards
(2)
Abby
(2)
Accordion fold card
(1)
Advent
(6)
Altered book
(4)
Anna Griffin
(4)
Anniversary
(13)
Anniversary card
(17)
Anniversay
(1)
Art Impressions
(1)
BIGZ Lattice die
(1)
BRAK
(20)
Bibiana
(1)
Blue Monday
(4)
Butterfly Challenge
(1)
CAS.ology challenge
(1)
CCEE stampers
(6)
California
(6)
Case Study Callenge
(1)
Chalkboard technique
(1)
Cheery Lynn
(16)
Christmas
(38)
Christmas card
(133)
Christmas cards
(29)
Christmas gift
(1)
Circle of crafters
(1)
Classy Cards n Such
(1)
Clean and Simple
(1)
Cloud 9 Design
(1)
Cornish Heritage Farms
(3)
Cottage Cutz
(3)
Crochet
(5)
Cross-stitch
(21)
Cuttlebug
(24)
Debbie Macomber
(1)
Design with a View
(1)
Die-Namics
(5)
Digi Doodle
(2)
Digital two for Tuesday
(4)
Dream Weaver
(3)
DreamWeaver
(37)
Easel Card
(4)
Easter
(5)
Elizabeth craft designs.
(11)
Embossing
(11)
Embossing arts
(1)
Family
(6)
Favorite cards
(2)
Favorite things
(18)
Favorites
(1)
Filoli
(3)
Fiskars
(2)
Flower soft
(8)
Friends
(10)
Funky kits
(4)
Give-away
(1)
Grandson
(2)
Graphic 45
(34)
Hampton Art
(3)
Heart felt Creations
(2)
Heartfelt Creations
(8)
Heirloom show.
(1)
Hero Arts
(7)
Holly Berry House
(2)
House Mouse
(23)
House Mouse Challenge
(12)
Imagine and Do
(3)
Impression Obsession
(24)
Inkadinkado
(3)
Inky Antics
(1)
Iris Folding
(74)
Iris Twist
(13)
Jewelry
(6)
Jim's coloring
(1)
Jim's things
(3)
Jolee sticker
(5)
Jounal page
(2)
Journal
(1)
Journal project
(1)
Julie Nutting
(3)
Just Rite
(2)
JustRite Stamps
(4)
KaiserCraft
(34)
Knitting
(1)
Lace
(1)
Lace'
(4)
Lawn Fawn
(1)
Longwood Gardens
(19)
Loralie Designs
(2)
Love notes DP
(1)
Make Christmas Cards Magazine
(4)
Make it Monday
(1)
Making Cards
(2)
Marianne design
(1)
May Day card
(1)
Memories
(13)
Memory Box
(6)
Merry Monday Challenge
(33)
Miscellaneous card
(15)
Misti
(2)
Mola
(3)
Mother
(9)
Mother's Day Card
(4)
Movie
(1)
NBUS
(20)
Needlework
(1)
New Year's Card
(2)
New year's
(2)
Northwoods Rubber Stamps
(10)
ODBD
(14)
One Little word
(3)
One Word
(5)
Ornare
(3)
Our Beautiful World
(1)
Our Daily Bread Designs
(30)
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge
(3)
PSX
(4)
PaperWishes
(29)
Penny Black
(22)
Queen for The Day
(1)
Queen for a day Challenge
(2)
Quilling
(2)
Quilt card
(3)
RAK card
(36)
Rak
(9)
Rooster
(2)
Rubber Stampede
(3)
Rubber Stampin
(1)
Scrapbooking
(7)
Serendipity Stamps
(20)
Sewing
(8)
Shaker card
(2)
Silver Anniversary card
(1)
Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine
(13)
Spirelli
(5)
Squigglefly
(13)
Squigglefly challenge
(8)
St Patrick' Day. Iris folding
(1)
St. Patrick's Day
(3)
Stamendous
(1)
Stampabilities
(3)
Stampendous
(20)
Stampin Up
(39)
Stampin' Up
(155)
Stencil
(26)
Stencils
(2)
Stitched card
(3)
Stitching
(7)
Sugar Nellie
(10)
Sunshine box
(1)
Swap
(1)
SweetNSassy
(70)
Sympathy card
(17)
Tagged
(1)
Taylored Expressions
(3)
Tea Pot Tuesday
(65)
Tea bag folding
(15)
Technique Tuesday
(1)
Thanksgiving
(3)
Thomas Kinkade
(3)
Thursday Night Craft Night
(6)
Tim Holtz
(5)
Trivia
(1)
Trixie
(4)
Twisted Sister Challenge
(52)
Vacation
(24)
Valentine
(29)
Victorian
(2)
Virginia
(4)
WT381
(1)
Ways to use it challenge.
(1)
Wednesday
(1)
Word Art
(1)
autumn
(5)
baby
(4)
beading
(2)
beads
(1)
bear
(1)
bedrrom
(1)
bird
(9)
birthday
(40)
birthday card
(71)
birthday rak
(6)
blog award
(2)
blog friends
(1)
bloggin Anniversary
(1)
bookmark
(1)
books
(4)
box card
(2)
boxes
(1)
brak card.
(2)
card making
(36)
card night
(1)
card received in the mail
(2)
cards for a cause
(3)
cas
(1)
center step card
(4)
colored pencils
(1)
copcs
(4)
copics
(167)
crafrt room
(1)
craft room
(5)
craft shopping
(1)
craft space
(1)
crafts
(2)
crak
(7)
creative blog hop
(1)
cross stitch
(1)
decoupage
(3)
digi
(27)
dog
(1)
doll house
(2)
doodling
(1)
dry embossing
(6)
dynamic Duo Challenge
(5)
dynamic Duos Challenge
(9)
embroidery
(1)
explosion box
(1)
fabric
(14)
fancy folds
(38)
felt
(1)
flower
(2)
flowers
(5)
freebie
(2)
get well card
(3)
gift
(10)
golf
(1)
graduation
(4)
grid card
(1)
happy mail
(2)
heat embossing
(1)
home made gifts
(12)
humor
(3)
iris
(1)
kitchen
(1)
ladies. Stampin' Up
(2)
link
(1)
magazine
(1)
martha stewart
(14)
masculine card
(7)
mftstamps
(4)
mouse house
(1)
music box
(1)
napkin fold card
(1)
october afternoon
(5)
organization
(1)
ornaments
(5)
paper crafting
(6)
paper crafts Magazine
(1)
paper cutting
(1)
paper piecing
(5)
party
(6)
peg stamps
(1)
photo card
(1)
project idea
(1)
punch art
(1)
punching
(16)
puzzles
(2)
pyramid card
(10)
quick cards magazine
(2)
quilting
(1)
recipe
(2)
retirement
(1)
ribbon weaving
(1)
rubber Stamping
(293)
rubber stamp tapestry
(7)
rubbernecker stamps
(3)
scherenschnitte
(1)
scor-pal
(4)
shabby tea room challenge
(4)
shrink art
(1)
side step card
(18)
sizzix
(2)
spellbinder
(47)
split coast
(120)
spring
(3)
squiggleyfly
(6)
squiggleyfly challenge
(3)
stamp night
(2)
stickers
(11)
stickles
(1)
storage
(1)
sympathy
(18)
tags One word project
(1)
tea room
(3)
technique Time Tuesday
(2)
teddy bear house
(1)
thank you
(6)
tole
(20)
tunnel card
(1)
vellum
(1)
vintage
(1)
virgina
(2)
wedding
(5)
woodwork
(1)
word Art Wednesday
(4)
zentange
(1)

This is a superb tribute to the chef who helped to make your day so special. Love how you've used the photo and added in the paper piecing. A great idea to do this. He will be so pleased that you thought of him with this lovely card. I don't even want to think of stamp counting! But it's something to think about, especially when I'm tempted to buy more 'schtuff'. Hope your day goes wonderfully well. TFS & Hugs
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Thank you card!
ReplyDeleteHow very thoughtful! Clearly dining has meaning to you since that was your first stamp. The chef must be wonderful.
ReplyDeleteJill, what a thoughtful thing to make a card for the chef and with the picture on the front. I'm sure he will be so delighted. And, to have the photo will be awesome, too. I remember that photo of you, Jim, and the chef.
ReplyDeleteI don't want to think how many stamps I haven't used from sets. Ouch!
So creative to use a picture of the restaurant for your card. I also have this stamp and just love, love, love it! Great paper piecing on Mr. Chef too!
ReplyDeleteLynn
What an awesome card Happy Anniversary to you both :)
ReplyDeleteYou did an excellent job with the card. Of course I am prejudiced but that aside. Great card. - Jim
ReplyDeleteOh, Jill, this is amazing! I just love your chef and the wonderful photo of the restaurant! What a dear card to make as a thank-you to the chef! He is going to LOVE it! I really love the depth you've achieved and that beautiful shade of blue! Stunning card, and congratulations on your anniversary! You and Jim are so very special people! Oh, and I dare not even think about counting the stamps I've not used! Ha! Hugs, sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the chef doesn't get many hand-made cards in his profession, so this will surely mean a lot to him, just as his service means so much to you! Great idea, fun card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card Jill - love hte restaurant picture and the chef is a great stamp, beautifully used.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Perfect card for the occasion Jill! This chef probably doesn't get people sending thank you cards of any kind so this will be a special treat. I love that you used pictures of the restaurant to personalize it. You are so smart - I am sure you will get even better service in the future. Hugz!
ReplyDelete7 years ago this one came out?!! WOW! I have been away from this SU! stuff for a while now!! This is such a great card and so perfect for your chef!! I;m sure it would be greatly appreciated too!! What a nice idea! HUGS :)
ReplyDeleteUnique taylor made card for a special occasion and totally handsome, Jill!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Jill! So perfect for the chef that made your night so special! Blessings! Kathy
ReplyDeleteAdorable chef! Sounds like you need to challenge yourself to use a few of those unused stamps! I really like that you used a picture on the card! What an awesome idea! Thanks for stopping to see my blog:praisehimwithpaper.blogspot.com and for your nice comment. Will be watching your creative ideas. Theresa
ReplyDelete