Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Congratulations card for my Granddaughter

Click on card to enlarge

I had a difficult time photographing this card, because it's a Long card...
It's made using a Julie Nutting stamp (Natalie)  If you are familiar with these stamps you know that they are long and narrow stamps.  I like these stamps they remind me of my childhood when I enjoyed playing with paper dolls  (Do children still do that these days?)    Maybe I'm going through my second childhood now?  LOL!

I paper pieced by my image using Graphic 45 paper (French Country)  The image was colored with copics by my hubby.  Added a bow and a stick on congratulations sticker  for my sentiment.

I wanted to make this for my granddaughter because she just completed hairdressing school.  I guess the next step is to take her state boards for her license.   Her Grandfather and I are very proud of what she has achieved...because school never came easy to her.  She managed to finish hairdressing school,..  having a long comute to get to school, and working two part time jobs to help pay for her schooling.

"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams."  ~Oprah Winfrey

Thank you for visiting my blog today,
Blessings,
Jill


23 comments:

  1. Oh, a fabulous card for your granddaughter and a big congratulations to her for all her hard work....jobs and school.
    I have some of the dolls and have never used one....yet. I love the sash matching the ribbon and paper. Of course, Jim did a good job with the coloring. He sure comes in handy, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your granddaughter and know she's love the card. Cute image too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jill, I'm sure she will love her card, I certainly do!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all her stamps, they are so cute and fabulous card that you made
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done your granddaughter so clever. This card is perfect so elegant and classy love it. Love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card for your grand daughter Jill - love the way you have used the gingham paper and ribbon to tie it all together. You must be so proud of her!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet is this!! Your GD will love it!! Gorgeous design and what a nice quote too!! Congrats to her!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute. I love the fact that it is long and narrow--just like my daughter, actually. I'll need to check out those stamps (because I am sure I need more stamps!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so adorable. Congrats, to your grand daughter on her fabulous achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super paper piecing, it's a gorgeous card.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your DGD, and she'll love this cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and congratulations to your granddaughter!
    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfectly chic image that you have paper pieced so well! Your card is also perfect for someone in the trade of making people look chic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome for your Grandmother! Congratulations to her. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Jill, what a beautiful card! I love Julia Nutting images (and actually have one but have not had the courage to use it yet - haha!). You've done a beautiful job of paper-piecing her outfit with beautiful colors (yes, I LOVE Graphic 45 paper). And beautiful layout and great photo too! Jim did a great job coloring! How proud you should be of your granddaughter. She's worked hard, and she is going to LOVE this card! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Card and Greater Accomplishment for your Granddaughter.....She will love that card....You should be very proud grandparents...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous sophisticated card. Love the paper piecing and coloring.
    You're obviously proud of your Granddaughter...Congratulations to her. I loved cutting out and playing with paper dolls too!
    Be well and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card for your granddaughter love the girly image..yes I remember those paper dolls

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card! I used to love paper dolls as a child myself, and I expect making this young lady was a bit like playing paper dolls as you paper pieced her outfit. What an inspired card to celebrate this milestone in your grand's life. And good for her that she found something that she could pursue that will provide her a liveable income and that she can enjoy. Everyone has their own skills & talents, and good for her that she perservered to discover what hers were. Your card is so pretty & just right for this special occasion. Hope things are going well. TFS & happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colour combination on your card. Congratulations to your Granddaughter on completing her course. There will always be a need for hairdressers. I can't see that ever changing. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so remember paper dolls I would spend hours playing with them and have brought them for my daughter but she didn't take them as I had as a child (mind I had no computer etc etc) This is a lovely card thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this image! What a great card! Perfect for your granddaughter and special hugz to you both! I think she is going to do well - she will get to be creative every day. Fun! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to your granddaughter! It is a lovely card for a wonderful accomplishment!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that the name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Labels

25th Anniversary (2) 3D (3) 3D card (198) 3d sheet (1) AAA cards (4) ATC cards (2) Abby (2) Accordion fold card (1) Advent (6) Altered book (4) Anna Griffin (4) Anniversary (13) Anniversary card (17) Anniversay (1) Art Impressions (1) BIGZ Lattice die (1) BRAK (20) Bibiana (1) Blue Monday (4) Butterfly Challenge (1) CAS.ology challenge (1) CCEE stampers (6) California (6) Case Study Callenge (1) Chalkboard technique (1) Cheery Lynn (16) Christmas (38) Christmas card (133) Christmas cards (29) Christmas gift (1) Circle of crafters (1) Classy Cards n Such (1) Clean and Simple (1) Cloud 9 Design (1) Cornish Heritage Farms (3) Cottage Cutz (3) Crochet (5) Cross-stitch (21) Cuttlebug (24) Debbie Macomber (1) Design with a View (1) Die-Namics (5) Digi Doodle (2) Digital two for Tuesday (4) Dream Weaver (3) DreamWeaver (37) Easel Card (4) Easter (5) Elizabeth craft designs. (11) Embossing (11) Embossing arts (1) Family (6) Favorite cards (2) Favorite things (18) Favorites (1) Filoli (3) Fiskars (2) Flower soft (8) Friends (10) Funky kits (4) Give-away (1) Grandson (2) Graphic 45 (34) Hampton Art (3) Heart felt Creations (2) Heartfelt Creations (8) Heirloom show. (1) Hero Arts (7) Holly Berry House (2) House Mouse (23) House Mouse Challenge (12) Imagine and Do (3) Impression Obsession (24) Inkadinkado (3) Inky Antics (1) Iris Folding (74) Iris Twist (13) Jewelry (6) Jim's coloring (1) Jim's things (3) Jolee sticker (5) Jounal page (2) Journal (1) Journal project (1) Julie Nutting (3) Just Rite (2) JustRite Stamps (4) KaiserCraft (34) Knitting (1) Lace (1) Lace' (4) Lawn Fawn (1) Longwood Gardens (19) Loralie Designs (2) Love notes DP (1) Make Christmas Cards Magazine (4) Make it Monday (1) Making Cards (2) Marianne design (1) May Day card (1) Memories (13) Memory Box (6) Merry Monday Challenge (33) Miscellaneous card (15) Misti (2) Mola (3) Mother (9) Mother's Day Card (4) Movie (1) NBUS (20) Needlework (1) New Year's Card (2) New year's (2) Northwoods Rubber Stamps (10) ODBD (14) One Little word (3) One Word (5) Ornare (3) Our Beautiful World (1) Our Daily Bread Designs (30) Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge (3) PSX (4) PaperWishes (29) Penny Black (22) Queen for The Day (1) Queen for a day Challenge (2) Quilling (2) Quilt card (3) RAK card (36) Rak (9) Rooster (2) Rubber Stampede (3) Rubber Stampin (1) Scrapbooking (7) Serendipity Stamps (20) Sewing (8) Shaker card (2) Silver Anniversary card (1) Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine (13) Spirelli (5) Squigglefly (13) Squigglefly challenge (8) St Patrick' Day. Iris folding (1) St. Patrick's Day (3) Stamendous (1) Stampabilities (3) Stampendous (20) Stampin Up (39) Stampin' Up (155) Stencil (26) Stencils (2) Stitched card (3) Stitching (7) Sugar Nellie (10) Sunshine box (1) Swap (1) SweetNSassy (70) Sympathy card (17) Tagged (1) Taylored Expressions (3) Tea Pot Tuesday (65) Tea bag folding (15) Technique Tuesday (1) Thanksgiving (3) Thomas Kinkade (3) Thursday Night Craft Night (6) Tim Holtz (5) Trivia (1) Trixie (4) Twisted Sister Challenge (52) Vacation (24) Valentine (29) Victorian (2) Virginia (4) WT381 (1) Ways to use it challenge. (1) Wednesday (1) Word Art (1) autumn (5) baby (4) beading (2) beads (1) bear (1) bedrrom (1) bird (9) birthday (40) birthday card (71) birthday rak (6) blog award (2) blog friends (1) bloggin Anniversary (1) bookmark (1) books (4) box card (2) boxes (1) brak card. (2) card making (36) card night (1) card received in the mail (2) cards for a cause (3) cas (1) center step card (4) colored pencils (1) copcs (4) copics (167) crafrt room (1) craft room (5) craft shopping (1) craft space (1) crafts (2) crak (7) creative blog hop (1) cross stitch (1) decoupage (3) digi (27) dog (1) doll house (2) doodling (1) dry embossing (6) dynamic Duo Challenge (5) dynamic Duos Challenge (9) embroidery (1) explosion box (1) fabric (14) fancy folds (38) felt (1) flower (2) flowers (5) freebie (2) get well card (3) gift (10) golf (1) graduation (4) grid card (1) happy mail (2) heat embossing (1) home made gifts (12) humor (3) iris (1) kitchen (1) ladies. Stampin' Up (2) link (1) magazine (1) martha stewart (14) masculine card (7) mftstamps (4) mouse house (1) music box (1) napkin fold card (1) october afternoon (5) organization (1) ornaments (5) paper crafting (6) paper crafts Magazine (1) paper cutting (1) paper piecing (5) party (6) peg stamps (1) photo card (1) project idea (1) punch art (1) punching (16) puzzles (2) pyramid card (10) quick cards magazine (2) quilting (1) recipe (2) retirement (1) ribbon weaving (1) rubber Stamping (293) rubber stamp tapestry (7) rubbernecker stamps (3) scherenschnitte (1) scor-pal (4) shabby tea room challenge (4) shrink art (1) side step card (18) sizzix (2) spellbinder (47) split coast (120) spring (3) squiggleyfly (6) squiggleyfly challenge (3) stamp night (2) stickers (11) stickles (1) storage (1) sympathy (18) tags One word project (1) tea room (3) technique Time Tuesday (2) teddy bear house (1) thank you (6) tole (20) tunnel card (1) vellum (1) vintage (1) virgina (2) wedding (5) woodwork (1) word Art Wednesday (4) zentange (1)