Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Card I received from Mother Mark at Split Coast Stampers

 The Card I posted above is a card I received from Cindy, AKA  Mother Mark at Split Coast Stampers...Cindy made 73 of these cards as a thank you card for  the tea potters group.  Wow!

Over four years ago, I found a challenge link at Split Coast stampers...Called Teapot Tuesday...



I wasn't too experienced with doing challenges, but this one sounded like fun.  (and it is..)
I find this challenge to be the easiest for me...because the challenge is usually done by theme.
A few week's ago our challenge theme was to do a card to honor "Mother Mark" the one who started this challenge in the first place.  Cindy hosted over 200 challenges.  How she did that I will never know.  She not only hosted each week's challenge,...she wrote out a story, made a card,...posted on each person's card...etc.  She also would find a possible destination for our cards if we "wanted" to send our cards to the address that she would provide.  The Destinations are usually for someone who is need of some extra cheering up.  Someone who just had surgery, Serious Illnesses, etc.  And sometimes for very special occasions such as Eula's 109th birthday.

I counted my cards, and I only managed to do 62 cards for the challenges... Not much when you stop to consider that Cindy has done more than 200.
Below is the link to my 62 cards...I don't expect anyone to look at 62 cards..

But below I have posted what were three of my favorite of the 62 cards that I made for the Teapot Tuesday Challenges...

The card below was posted for a challenge where we were to put Cherries on our cards.
This challenge had me stumped at first, because I did not have a punch that had the right size circle, or any die cuts, etc.  So what I ended up doing was getting out my shrink art, coloring a circle with my copics and, of course, shrinking it, to size.  It worked out perfectly for my card. (I used a small plate to draw around for my circle...of course, it's one I use with the "tea cups"  smile.  and I almost forgot the cherry stems were made from bread ties (My husband's great idea!)

Card below made with shrink art, and colored with copics


 The next card we were to make a card with  vegetables or a garden on it.  Well, again, I didn't have a stamp I needed.  Nothing with vegetables on it.  Then I remembered the image that my husband had colored for me.  I really like this stove image, that I made into a Joy fold card.  The stove has a pot of Vegetable soup on it.  Along with some zucchini bread, and a sweet potato pie.  There is also a teapot of tea for the tea potters.
 The card below was for a challenge that we were to have a bird on our card.  I found this wonderful napkin fold tutorial at  




The Tea pot challenge at split coast is for anyone to join.  I have the link posted above.  You do not have to send your card to the destination's that they suggest to send your card....but oh when you do, it's such a good feeling to know that you may have made some one's day even if it is just to add some happy mail in there mailbox. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today,
Blessings,
Jill

6 comments:

  1. I almost never get to do the teapot challenges. I do send some cards to Cards for a Cause, though. I need to get over to SCS now and see what they are needing.
    That was really nice of Cindy to make and send out all those cards.

    Your hubby had a good idea with the ties for the cherry stems. Good thinking!
    Seems you're cooking and baking some goodies on that stove. Making me hungry. Wonderful joy fold!
    And, the bird I really love as I am such a bird lover.

    You've been busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Jill, and what a wonderful, heartfelt tribute you wrote about Mother Mark! She sounds like an amazing woman!!

    (And, yes, I do remember 4 digits numbers and the telephone operator who you SAID them to when you wanted to "ring up" your party! Just think our grandchildren will remember back to landlines and portable phones that we (some of us geezers) still use!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all of these cards - it's like a walk down memory lane. I still love the cherries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those cards are beautiful, but I think I love your stove the best Jill. The colors are so pretty, and I love those old fashioned stoves.

    Up until a few years ago, quite a few people still had them in their homes on the island where I live. They had modern ones too, but still used the old wood burning ones in the winter, and many people baked and made stews in them.

    Unfortunately they take up a lot of room, and most of them are gone now. They really were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your three cards. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. I adore my card from Cindy too - that girl is so creative! I agree with all the things you said - it is an absolutely wonderful challenge, it was my first challenge I ever entered, and I have had the most fun trying to come up some very wacky cards. I have made some wonderful friends doing this challenge and you are so right about the way this challenge makes you feel when you send your card off to the Destination Station. Your three cards here are wonderful. Thanks for sharing this sweet story of what the challenge (and Cindy) have meant to you. Hugz!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that the name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Labels

25th Anniversary (2) 3D (3) 3D card (198) 3d sheet (1) AAA cards (4) ATC cards (2) Abby (2) Accordion fold card (1) Advent (6) Altered book (4) Anna Griffin (4) Anniversary (13) Anniversary card (17) Anniversay (1) Art Impressions (1) BIGZ Lattice die (1) BRAK (20) Bibiana (1) Blue Monday (4) Butterfly Challenge (1) CAS.ology challenge (1) CCEE stampers (6) California (6) Case Study Callenge (1) Chalkboard technique (1) Cheery Lynn (16) Christmas (38) Christmas card (133) Christmas cards (29) Christmas gift (1) Circle of crafters (1) Classy Cards n Such (1) Clean and Simple (1) Cloud 9 Design (1) Cornish Heritage Farms (3) Cottage Cutz (3) Crochet (5) Cross-stitch (21) Cuttlebug (24) Debbie Macomber (1) Design with a View (1) Die-Namics (5) Digi Doodle (2) Digital two for Tuesday (4) Dream Weaver (3) DreamWeaver (37) Easel Card (4) Easter (5) Elizabeth craft designs. (11) Embossing (11) Embossing arts (1) Family (6) Favorite cards (2) Favorite things (18) Favorites (1) Filoli (3) Fiskars (2) Flower soft (8) Friends (10) Funky kits (4) Give-away (1) Grandson (2) Graphic 45 (34) Hampton Art (3) Heart felt Creations (2) Heartfelt Creations (8) Heirloom show. (1) Hero Arts (7) Holly Berry House (2) House Mouse (23) House Mouse Challenge (12) Imagine and Do (3) Impression Obsession (24) Inkadinkado (3) Inky Antics (1) Iris Folding (74) Iris Twist (13) Jewelry (6) Jim's coloring (1) Jim's things (3) Jolee sticker (5) Jounal page (2) Journal (1) Journal project (1) Julie Nutting (3) Just Rite (2) JustRite Stamps (4) KaiserCraft (34) Knitting (1) Lace (1) Lace' (4) Lawn Fawn (1) Longwood Gardens (19) Loralie Designs (2) Love notes DP (1) Make Christmas Cards Magazine (4) Make it Monday (1) Making Cards (2) Marianne design (1) May Day card (1) Memories (13) Memory Box (6) Merry Monday Challenge (33) Miscellaneous card (15) Misti (2) Mola (3) Mother (9) Mother's Day Card (4) Movie (1) NBUS (20) Needlework (1) New Year's Card (2) New year's (2) Northwoods Rubber Stamps (10) ODBD (14) One Little word (3) One Word (5) Ornare (3) Our Beautiful World (1) Our Daily Bread Designs (30) Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge (3) PSX (4) PaperWishes (29) Penny Black (22) Queen for The Day (1) Queen for a day Challenge (2) Quilling (2) Quilt card (3) RAK card (36) Rak (9) Rooster (2) Rubber Stampede (3) Rubber Stampin (1) Scrapbooking (7) Serendipity Stamps (20) Sewing (8) Shaker card (2) Silver Anniversary card (1) Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine (13) Spirelli (5) Squigglefly (13) Squigglefly challenge (8) St Patrick' Day. Iris folding (1) St. Patrick's Day (3) Stamendous (1) Stampabilities (3) Stampendous (20) Stampin Up (39) Stampin' Up (155) Stencil (26) Stencils (2) Stitched card (3) Stitching (7) Sugar Nellie (10) Sunshine box (1) Swap (1) SweetNSassy (70) Sympathy card (17) Tagged (1) Taylored Expressions (3) Tea Pot Tuesday (65) Tea bag folding (15) Technique Tuesday (1) Thanksgiving (3) Thomas Kinkade (3) Thursday Night Craft Night (6) Tim Holtz (5) Trivia (1) Trixie (4) Twisted Sister Challenge (52) Vacation (24) Valentine (29) Victorian (2) Virginia (4) WT381 (1) Ways to use it challenge. (1) Wednesday (1) Word Art (1) autumn (5) baby (4) beading (2) beads (1) bear (1) bedrrom (1) bird (9) birthday (40) birthday card (71) birthday rak (6) blog award (2) blog friends (1) bloggin Anniversary (1) bookmark (1) books (4) box card (2) boxes (1) brak card. (2) card making (36) card night (1) card received in the mail (2) cards for a cause (3) cas (1) center step card (4) colored pencils (1) copcs (4) copics (167) crafrt room (1) craft room (5) craft shopping (1) craft space (1) crafts (2) crak (7) creative blog hop (1) cross stitch (1) decoupage (3) digi (27) dog (1) doll house (2) doodling (1) dry embossing (6) dynamic Duo Challenge (5) dynamic Duos Challenge (9) embroidery (1) explosion box (1) fabric (14) fancy folds (38) felt (1) flower (2) flowers (5) freebie (2) get well card (3) gift (10) golf (1) graduation (4) grid card (1) happy mail (2) heat embossing (1) home made gifts (12) humor (3) iris (1) kitchen (1) ladies. Stampin' Up (2) link (1) magazine (1) martha stewart (14) masculine card (7) mftstamps (4) mouse house (1) music box (1) napkin fold card (1) october afternoon (5) organization (1) ornaments (5) paper crafting (6) paper crafts Magazine (1) paper cutting (1) paper piecing (5) party (6) peg stamps (1) photo card (1) project idea (1) punch art (1) punching (16) puzzles (2) pyramid card (10) quick cards magazine (2) quilting (1) recipe (2) retirement (1) ribbon weaving (1) rubber Stamping (293) rubber stamp tapestry (7) rubbernecker stamps (3) scherenschnitte (1) scor-pal (4) shabby tea room challenge (4) shrink art (1) side step card (18) sizzix (2) spellbinder (47) split coast (120) spring (3) squiggleyfly (6) squiggleyfly challenge (3) stamp night (2) stickers (11) stickles (1) storage (1) sympathy (18) tags One word project (1) tea room (3) technique Time Tuesday (2) teddy bear house (1) thank you (6) tole (20) tunnel card (1) vellum (1) vintage (1) virgina (2) wedding (5) woodwork (1) word Art Wednesday (4) zentange (1)