Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dreamweaver Christmas Card

I made this card for this month's Dreamweaver challenge.  The challenge can be found here  
the challenge is called Christmas and Holidays Challenge.

The stencil that I used above (LG708)  was one that I was fortunate to win when I entered a former 
Dreamweaver challenge...This is the first time that I used it so It can be considered a NBUS!  (as in Never before used stuff!)  

I used Dreamweaver Matte Black embossing paste for my stencil.   I colored my stick on dots with a red copic marker.  Added A ribbon.
Just a reminder that the fabulous Darnell's NBUS challenge will close in two days.  If you haven't gone to Darnell's blog before......What are you waiting for?  You don't know what you are missing!  Darnell's blog posts are always so interesting...often quite funny.  (that's when I need kleenex...
she brings tears to my eyes on those!) But I so enjoy the humor...helps to make my day!  
Oh and before I forget.  She makes fabulous cards too!
I forgot to get the link to her blog, but you can find it on my sidebar!

Also, before I forget...I have a new follower that I want to welcome...Maz
Maz's fabulous work can be found here...


Welcome to my blog, Maz, and thank you for becoming a follower!

Maz's work is Amazing...stop by for a visit to see her lovely work!  Her coloring and design are breathtakingly beautiful.


Thought for today...
"Laughter is a part of the human survival kit."~David Nathan

Thank you for visiting my blog today,
Blessings,
Jill 
Edited to add

Carol, whose wonderful blog can be found here



reminded me that this week's CASology's theme is "flutter"  and my birdie card would fit the them...thank you Carol for your thoughtfulness!
The CASology challenge can be found here...







27 comments:

  1. Such a sweet holiday card. Love the little bits of bling for your berries. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, Jill; you've showcased your NBUS beautifully! The black, with the pops of red - such an eye-catching combination. The new challenge at CASology is 'flutter', which I encourage you to enter. After all, you bird landing on the branch "is" fluttering!! Thanks for stopping by my blog; you've added sparkle to my evening!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill this is such a dramatic card - love it!
    I know Maz, and she is a real sweetie - a great follower!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous Jill. I have just been contemplating on doing something similar but with white embossing powder and then water coloured. (Something entirely different for me) I love the finishing touch of the checked ribbon.
    Thank you so much for being so kind in your comments to me and introducing me on your blog. God bless you. Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Jill, what a lovely stencil! I love the top bird just about to land.
    Your berries add a touch of texture..beautiful!
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the classic black, white and red color scheme, Jill! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Jill!! Really love the added gems!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so nice in black and white with the pop of red - the gingham ribbon is a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jill love the holly on the branches. Chuckled at your first commenter--nicely said Jim! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill,

    You are one of the winners from my blog give away. If you would like to receive an ephemera and embellishment kit from my studio please email me your mailing address. srpbabb@gmail.com
    Congrats from Quill Cottage Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this one! (Birds of course!). When I saw the fab card scrolling up, I'm going "Oh My", because I have that very brass stencil on my desk (well for a while). Seeing this amazing card you've created makes me want to get the black paste and try this. This is one of the best you've done (well, that's saying a lot!), but it's just very elegant & the red berries really gave it such a pop of brilliant color. Mine would be a NBUS too, as I've had that stencil for years. TFS & Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jil this is adorable..love the red on the stamp on black and a bit red on there and the ribbon is a great adding..I adore this Jill..hugs

    Many thanks for visiting my blog I will try to visiting back the one who leave me some love..and now I have time to visiting your lovely blog Jill..

    Again big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your black and white with the touch of red and the gingham is so striking! What a sweet stencil and love the look that you created with it! Wonderful, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, classic Christmas card - love the pops of red and how clean the embossing paste is! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know how pretty that much be in real life since I have used that black embossing powder. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to thank Carol (I call her Miss C) for sending you on over our way, love your cards Jill, and always enjoy when you or your Mr visit blogs all around and are so supportive!! You guys are great! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week, LOVE it when you are able to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool stencil work Jill. Great colors and great stencil. Love this! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card and thank you for leaving your nice comment on my blog huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful stencil and the black paste is something I've never used. I like it...a lot. It also makes the red berries and pretty ribbon pop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty, love the crisp clean look :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. very pretty! Love all those red gems!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card looks most striking in the black and white with the splash of red. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this for the cue word flutter. I also like how you stamped the image and only added red berries beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, wow! This is gorgeous! The black and red with just a touch of sparkle is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card - I kept trying to think of something CAS that flutters. Your stencil sure did the trick and looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Miz Jill, Finally got round to making a card, shared today, using your marvelous inspiration on this pretty Dreamweaver's stencil. Looked at it again today so I could share your link, and loved this one all over again! That black matte paste looks so dramatic with the red & white too. Hope your Sunday is lovely. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated. All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

Anonymous comments are not accepted on this blog

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that the name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Labels

25th Anniversary (2) 3D (3) 3D card (198) 3d sheet (1) AAA cards (4) ATC cards (2) Abby (2) Accordion fold card (1) Advent (6) Altered book (4) Anna Griffin (4) Anniversary (13) Anniversary card (17) Anniversay (1) Art Impressions (1) BIGZ Lattice die (1) BRAK (20) Bibiana (1) Blue Monday (4) Butterfly Challenge (1) CAS.ology challenge (1) CCEE stampers (6) California (6) Case Study Callenge (1) Chalkboard technique (1) Cheery Lynn (16) Christmas (38) Christmas card (133) Christmas cards (29) Christmas gift (1) Circle of crafters (1) Classy Cards n Such (1) Clean and Simple (1) Cloud 9 Design (1) Cornish Heritage Farms (3) Cottage Cutz (3) Crochet (5) Cross-stitch (21) Cuttlebug (24) Debbie Macomber (1) Design with a View (1) Die-Namics (5) Digi Doodle (2) Digital two for Tuesday (4) Dream Weaver (3) DreamWeaver (37) Easel Card (4) Easter (5) Elizabeth craft designs. (11) Embossing (11) Embossing arts (1) Family (6) Favorite cards (2) Favorite things (18) Favorites (1) Filoli (3) Fiskars (2) Flower soft (8) Friends (10) Funky kits (4) Give-away (1) Grandson (2) Graphic 45 (34) Hampton Art (3) Heart felt Creations (2) Heartfelt Creations (8) Heirloom show. (1) Hero Arts (7) Holly Berry House (2) House Mouse (23) House Mouse Challenge (12) Imagine and Do (3) Impression Obsession (24) Inkadinkado (3) Inky Antics (1) Iris Folding (74) Iris Twist (13) Jewelry (6) Jim's coloring (1) Jim's things (3) Jolee sticker (5) Jounal page (2) Journal (1) Journal project (1) Julie Nutting (3) Just Rite (2) JustRite Stamps (4) KaiserCraft (34) Knitting (1) Lace (1) Lace' (4) Lawn Fawn (1) Longwood Gardens (19) Loralie Designs (2) Love notes DP (1) Make Christmas Cards Magazine (4) Make it Monday (1) Making Cards (2) Marianne design (1) May Day card (1) Memories (13) Memory Box (6) Merry Monday Challenge (33) Miscellaneous card (15) Misti (2) Mola (3) Mother (9) Mother's Day Card (4) Movie (1) NBUS (20) Needlework (1) New Year's Card (2) New year's (2) Northwoods Rubber Stamps (10) ODBD (14) One Little word (3) One Word (5) Ornare (3) Our Beautiful World (1) Our Daily Bread Designs (30) Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge (3) PSX (4) PaperWishes (29) Penny Black (22) Queen for The Day (1) Queen for a day Challenge (2) Quilling (2) Quilt card (3) RAK card (36) Rak (9) Rooster (2) Rubber Stampede (3) Rubber Stampin (1) Scrapbooking (7) Serendipity Stamps (20) Sewing (8) Shaker card (2) Silver Anniversary card (1) Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine (13) Spirelli (5) Squigglefly (13) Squigglefly challenge (8) St Patrick' Day. Iris folding (1) St. Patrick's Day (3) Stamendous (1) Stampabilities (3) Stampendous (20) Stampin Up (39) Stampin' Up (155) Stencil (26) Stencils (2) Stitched card (3) Stitching (7) Sugar Nellie (10) Sunshine box (1) Swap (1) SweetNSassy (70) Sympathy card (17) Tagged (1) Taylored Expressions (3) Tea Pot Tuesday (65) Tea bag folding (15) Technique Tuesday (1) Thanksgiving (3) Thomas Kinkade (3) Thursday Night Craft Night (6) Tim Holtz (5) Trivia (1) Trixie (4) Twisted Sister Challenge (52) Vacation (24) Valentine (29) Victorian (2) Virginia (4) WT381 (1) Ways to use it challenge. (1) Wednesday (1) Word Art (1) autumn (5) baby (4) beading (2) beads (1) bear (1) bedrrom (1) bird (9) birthday (40) birthday card (71) birthday rak (6) blog award (2) blog friends (1) bloggin Anniversary (1) bookmark (1) books (4) box card (2) boxes (1) brak card. (2) card making (36) card night (1) card received in the mail (2) cards for a cause (3) cas (1) center step card (4) colored pencils (1) copcs (4) copics (167) crafrt room (1) craft room (5) craft shopping (1) craft space (1) crafts (2) crak (7) creative blog hop (1) cross stitch (1) decoupage (3) digi (27) dog (1) doll house (2) doodling (1) dry embossing (6) dynamic Duo Challenge (5) dynamic Duos Challenge (9) embroidery (1) explosion box (1) fabric (14) fancy folds (38) felt (1) flower (2) flowers (5) freebie (2) get well card (3) gift (10) golf (1) graduation (4) grid card (1) happy mail (2) heat embossing (1) home made gifts (12) humor (3) iris (1) kitchen (1) ladies. Stampin' Up (2) link (1) magazine (1) martha stewart (14) masculine card (7) mftstamps (4) mouse house (1) music box (1) napkin fold card (1) october afternoon (5) organization (1) ornaments (5) paper crafting (6) paper crafts Magazine (1) paper cutting (1) paper piecing (5) party (6) peg stamps (1) photo card (1) project idea (1) punch art (1) punching (16) puzzles (2) pyramid card (10) quick cards magazine (2) quilting (1) recipe (2) retirement (1) ribbon weaving (1) rubber Stamping (293) rubber stamp tapestry (7) rubbernecker stamps (3) scherenschnitte (1) scor-pal (4) shabby tea room challenge (4) shrink art (1) side step card (18) sizzix (2) spellbinder (47) split coast (120) spring (3) squiggleyfly (6) squiggleyfly challenge (3) stamp night (2) stickers (11) stickles (1) storage (1) sympathy (18) tags One word project (1) tea room (3) technique Time Tuesday (2) teddy bear house (1) thank you (6) tole (20) tunnel card (1) vellum (1) vintage (1) virgina (2) wedding (5) woodwork (1) word Art Wednesday (4) zentange (1)