All of the cards I am showing here, I think I have posted on my blog before...but since I started my blog EIGHT months ago (is that possible?) some of these may have been posted a long time ago.
I hope these cards (and the links posted) help to inspire you.
3D CARD
Making 3d cards, is my very favorite Technique and I have more cards using this technique than any other. I started making them about 3 years ago, and I have lost count how many I have made. I know it's in the hundreds. The card below came from Penny's photobucket.
I always use a small fine scissors to cut out my pieces, use pop dots, and on this card I used paper lace, and ribbon to trim

IRIS FOLDING
Iris Folding is my second favorite Technique. This card was entered into a challenge at split coast where you were to use a quote. My quote is rubber stamped, I think the stamp is from Inkadinkado. The handle and spout is paper pieced. I found the pattern at

Tea Bag Folding
Tea Bag Folding is another technique that I have not done a lot of...But I have made a few cards using squares, diamonds, triangles, ovals, and this card below uses a circle. It's called a zig-zag fold, and it's a favorite of mine, and it's made by Judy. The pattern can be found at http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/zigzagold.html


RUBBER STAMPING
I have to honest and tell you that I have not done a lot of rubber stamping. This is a card that I entered into a challenge at Split Coast Stampers. I used a stamp that I purchased from Cornish Farms. http://becreative.cornishheritagefarms.com/
I used the cracked glass technique on this card...

PUNCHING
This is a favorite card using a punch with a technique that came from Becca (who makes fabulous cards. http://amazingpapergrace.com/circle-frame-tutorial/

ORNARE
Or also called piercing, I also think this is a lot of fun, just a bit time consuming. Some piercing patterns can be found at http://cardmaking.circleofcrafters.com/3dsheet.html
This card was done with an image from Crafty Nikky

Spirelli
Here's another technique that is easy and fun to do. It reminds me of when my daughter used to do string art. I made this card for a challenge at split coast stampers. The background paper that I used came from http://crafterskitchen.blogspot.com/
some spirelli patterns can be found at http://gomakesomething.com/category/ht/spirelli

Cuttlebug
I made this card using two of my cuddlebug folders, swiss dots is the one on the bottom, and I believe the top one is the textile folder. I used a Stampin Up stamp, Bella Rose
I also used the Cuttle bug negative effect with stampin Up ink
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread/php?t=333398



MOLA
This card was done by hand cutting with an exacto knife, I used a template that I found at www.cardmaking.circleofcrafters.com/anyoccasionproject10.html
I added a ribbon, purchased flowers, and a rub on for the birthday wishes.

Embossing
This is a 3d card using a stencil with light box, dry embossing. The image came from crafty Nikky's website....http://www.rubbertherapy.typepad.com
I believe the stencil that I used was a Carre stencil #500000/5013

Lace
Lace is another technique of enjoy seeing on cards, but to it correctly you need to do it using an exacto knife, and I'm always nervous using one. I found my templates for the lace technique at
Stitching
Stitching is a technique that I have not done much of, but hope to do more in the future. The pattern for the card below can be found at http://www.circleofcrafters.com/


Beautiful cards Jill!
ReplyDeleteHugs,Connie
Jill thank you for posting the cards you have made using the different techniques. What lovely cards they are! I see lots of playing with the different techniques in my future.
ReplyDeleteEach one of these is distinctive and unique, and learning all these techniques has made you one fabulous card maker!! Beautiful! TFS!
ReplyDeleteHi Jill~
ReplyDeleteWOW!!What amazing and beautiful cards you have made! I know nothing about this art, but certainly appreciate every teeny little detail and the time, dedication it must take.
Thanks so much for sharing your work, sweet friend!
Thanks so much for stopping by earlier today.So sorry for making you hungry over my cupcakes. Can you believe there are still a few left with 3 men in the house?LOL!!
Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs,
Lynn♥
Jill...I didn't see these before
ReplyDeletelove every one of them...Hugs Deloris